Not everyone is a fan of Valentine’s Day, or as we here at Adore like to call it “Singles Awareness Day.” (*facepalms*) So we made a playlist of songs for all of the people who cringe at the thought of February 14th. Whether you’re pining after an unrequited love or burning pictures of your ex, this playlist has a song for you.
- “Endlessly,” Muse: This song screams unrequited love. When I mentioned choosing this song to Danielle, she automatically said “so basically about (he who shall not be named), then.” Well, yeah.
- “Hustle,” Sundara Karma: “You’re the devil in a push-up bra.” That pretty much sums up that song.
- “Bonfire,” The Hunna: If you don’t scream along to “fuck your heart,” you’re doing it wrong.
- “Permission Slip,” Mainland: “Buying wine and drinking all alone at night.” That pretty much sums up my Valentine’s Day.
- “See How,” Coasts: This song is a heartbreaker. Possibly my favorite Coasts song, I’ve only seen it performed live once and it brought me to tears.
- “So What,” Pink: “So so what, I’m still a rockstar.” The lyrics say it all in this song. I don’t need a man to be fabulous this Valentine’s Day.
- “Gives You Hell,” The All-American Rejects: Could there be a better break-up anthem?
- “Song For The Dumped,” Ben Folds Five: I guess that this one is kind of self explanatory. Also it’s very catchy.
- “Jar Of Hearts,” Christina Perri: Whilst all the songs on this list have been fairly upbeat with a “screw you” kind of attitude, heartbreak is kind of rough man and Christina Perri captures it perfectly.
- “What The Hell,” Avril Lavigne: Very much like the Pink song, “What The Hell” feels like the perfect single’s anthem and is bursting with attitude.