Picking only 20 of of my favourite tracks of the year was never going to be an easy feat but I was hopeful that my ‘top tracks of 2017’ playlist on Spotify was going to help me sort the TUUUUNEs from the ‘This is my jam’s. Sadly this was not the case because most of the songs on the list were actually released last year or even the year before.
Well anyway here’s the list and for your listening pleasure there’s a Spotify playlist too.
20. Kicks – Barns Courtney
19. When Did It All Go So Wrong – SUGARTHIEF
18. Man Behind The Sun – Callum Beattie
17. Blank Dice – Flawes
16. Champion – Barns Courtney
15. Umbrella- Natalie Holmes
14. Higher – Outlya
13. Wires – Kovic
12. Feel It Again – Hudson Taylor
11. Fickle Game – Amber Run
10. Friends- Marsicans
9. The Kids Don’t Want To Come Home – Declan McKenna
8. Do It – Rae Morris
7. My Side –Tom Speight
6. Long Road – Jake Isaac
5. Heart Starts Beating – Coasts
4. Reborn – Rae Morris
3. Gave You All – HAUS
2. Tokyo – Dan Croll
1. Take Me Back Home – Coasts
2017 has seen the release of so many incredible songs. It’s extremely difficult to pick the best 20! I decided to give it a shot anyway. Here are my top 20 tracks of 2017:
20. “White Noise Boys” by Airways
19. “Shape Of You” by Ed Sheeran
18. “Separate Ways” by Joe Dolman
17. “The Last Of The Real Ones” by Fall Out Boy
16. “Pay The Man” by Foster The People
15. “Born To Die” by Coasts
14. “One Of Us” by New Politics
13. “Drown” by Kovic
12. “Sight For Sore Eyes” by Knox Hamilton
11. “Something Beautiful” by Joe Dolman
10. “Ropes” by Kovic
9. “Sorry” by Nothing But Thieves
8. “Let Me Love You” by Coasts
7. “Hold Me Tight Or Don’t” by Fall Out Boy
6. “I Think It’s Strange (Acoustic)” by Joe Dolman
5. “Broken Machine” by Nothing But Thieves
4. “Explore” by Sundara Karma
3. “Heart Starts Beating” by Coasts
2. “Amsterdam” by Nothing But Thieves
1. “Happy Family” by Sundara Karma
Check out all of these songs below!
It might not officially be summer yet, but it sure feels like it (at least here in North Carolina)! We’ve put together a playlist of songs dripping with summer vibes, perfect to listen to whether you’re poolside, roadtripping or catching some waves.
Check it out below!
Not everyone is a fan of Valentine’s Day, or as we here at Adore like to call it “Singles Awareness Day.” (*facepalms*) So we made a playlist of songs for all of the people who cringe at the thought of February 14th. Whether you’re pining after an unrequited love or burning pictures of your ex, this playlist has a song for you.
- “Endlessly,” Muse: This song screams unrequited love. When I mentioned choosing this song to Danielle, she automatically said “so basically about (he who shall not be named), then.” Well, yeah.
- “Hustle,” Sundara Karma: “You’re the devil in a push-up bra.” That pretty much sums up that song.
- “Bonfire,” The Hunna: If you don’t scream along to “fuck your heart,” you’re doing it wrong.
- “Permission Slip,” Mainland: “Buying wine and drinking all alone at night.” That pretty much sums up my Valentine’s Day.
- “See How,” Coasts: This song is a heartbreaker. Possibly my favorite Coasts song, I’ve only seen it performed live once and it brought me to tears.
- “So What,” Pink: “So so what, I’m still a rockstar.” The lyrics say it all in this song. I don’t need a man to be fabulous this Valentine’s Day.
- “Gives You Hell,” The All-American Rejects: Could there be a better break-up anthem?
- “Song For The Dumped,” Ben Folds Five: I guess that this one is kind of self explanatory. Also it’s very catchy.
- “Jar Of Hearts,” Christina Perri: Whilst all the songs on this list have been fairly upbeat with a “screw you” kind of attitude, heartbreak is kind of rough man and Christina Perri captures it perfectly.
- “What The Hell,” Avril Lavigne: Very much like the Pink song, “What The Hell” feels like the perfect single’s anthem and is bursting with attitude.
If you need some romantic songs to set the mood this Valentine’s Day, look no further than this playlist. What better way to express your love than through song?
- “Waves,” Sundara Karma: This song is nothing short of exotic. It’s so easy to get lost in the beautiful imagery of the lyrics and the sultry vocals. The marimba on this track is particularly captivating.
- “Seeing Stars,” Børns: Pure, sweet pop. Børns’ angelic vocals bring this bouncy track to life.
- “Lions,” Coasts: Seeing as how I have a line from this song tattooed on my leg, there was no way I could pass up including it in this playlist. “Love me to pieces.” That’s what Valentine’s Day is all about, right?
- “I Want You,” Saint Raymond: “I want you, you know that.” This infectious track is the perfect way to tell that special someone how you feel about them.
- “Sycamore Tree,” The Hunna: Ryan Potter’s vocals are the real star of this sweet track. Ranging from light and delicate to bold and powerful, Ryan sings of the unparalleled feeling of undying love.
- “As Long As I Need You,” Coasts: So many feels, so little time. There aren’t sufficient words to describe how much I love this song. Also it’s by Coasts so there’s that too.
- “I Won’t Give Up,” Jason Mraz: You know those songs that you just can’t help but sing along to when they come on? “I Won’t Give Up” is definitely one of those songs for me and it’s so beautiful, pure and heartfelt.
- “Willow Tree,” Tom Speight: Whilst we’re talking of pure and heartfelt, who does that better than Tom Speight? This gorgeous duet has it all; lyrics that will melt your heart, beautiful harmonies and lots and lots of love.
- “Thinking Out Loud,” Ed Sheeran: If you weren’t convinced that this was the perfect choice for your Valentine’s Day playlist before, then you need to get yourself over to YouTube and watch the video. “Thinking Out Loud” is sensual and totally gorgeous.
- “Sugar,” Maroon 5: I’m putting on my dancing shoes with this last song. Everyone needs a little sweetness on v-day and this toe-tapping tune is exactly what the doctor ordered.