While it may already feel like summer here in North Carolina (trust me, it’s sweltering), the official start of summer isn’t until tomorrow. And what would summer be without some great tunes to go with it? We’ve got you covered here at Adore with a playlist full of bops to jam to all summer long.
1. Nice Guy–courtship.
2. You Could Have Been The One–Coasts
3. Video Sunshine–Knox Hamilton
5. Younger–Saint Raymond
6. Faded Heart–BØRNS
7. Carolina–Harry Styles
8. Something Beautiful–Joe Dolman
9. Summer–The Hunna
10. CIA–New Politics
11. Dead Young–Only The Poets
12. My My My!–Troye Sivan
13. Wolves (You Got Me)–DREAMERS
14. What Do I Know?–Ed Sheeran
15. Freshbloom–Sundara Karma
16. Favorite Record–Fall Out Boy
17. The Sound–The 1975
18. Sit Next To Me–Foster The People
19. Heartbreaker–Bad Suns
2017 has seen the release of so many incredible songs. It’s extremely difficult to pick the best 20! I decided to give it a shot anyway. Here are my top 20 tracks of 2017:
20. “White Noise Boys” by Airways
19. “Shape Of You” by Ed Sheeran
18. “Separate Ways” by Joe Dolman
17. “The Last Of The Real Ones” by Fall Out Boy
16. “Pay The Man” by Foster The People
15. “Born To Die” by Coasts
14. “One Of Us” by New Politics
13. “Drown” by Kovic
12. “Sight For Sore Eyes” by Knox Hamilton
11. “Something Beautiful” by Joe Dolman
10. “Ropes” by Kovic
9. “Sorry” by Nothing But Thieves
8. “Let Me Love You” by Coasts
7. “Hold Me Tight Or Don’t” by Fall Out Boy
6. “I Think It’s Strange (Acoustic)” by Joe Dolman
5. “Broken Machine” by Nothing But Thieves
4. “Explore” by Sundara Karma
3. “Heart Starts Beating” by Coasts
2. “Amsterdam” by Nothing But Thieves
1. “Happy Family” by Sundara Karma
Check out all of these songs below!
Featured Image via Ed Sheeran
Thanks to a friend convincing me to listen to him (you know who you are), I have finally jumped on the Ed Sheeran bandwagon. I started off with his latest album, Divide, a true gem from start to finish.
One of the more standout songs on the album is “Galway Girl.” My favorite element of the track would have to be the fiddles, infusing traditional Irish music with modern day pop. The insanely catchy chorus will easily get stuck in your head after just one listen.
Check out “Galway Girl” below!
If you need some romantic songs to set the mood this Valentine’s Day, look no further than this playlist. What better way to express your love than through song?
- “Waves,” Sundara Karma: This song is nothing short of exotic. It’s so easy to get lost in the beautiful imagery of the lyrics and the sultry vocals. The marimba on this track is particularly captivating.
- “Seeing Stars,” Børns: Pure, sweet pop. Børns’ angelic vocals bring this bouncy track to life.
- “Lions,” Coasts: Seeing as how I have a line from this song tattooed on my leg, there was no way I could pass up including it in this playlist. “Love me to pieces.” That’s what Valentine’s Day is all about, right?
- “I Want You,” Saint Raymond: “I want you, you know that.” This infectious track is the perfect way to tell that special someone how you feel about them.
- “Sycamore Tree,” The Hunna: Ryan Potter’s vocals are the real star of this sweet track. Ranging from light and delicate to bold and powerful, Ryan sings of the unparalleled feeling of undying love.
- “As Long As I Need You,” Coasts: So many feels, so little time. There aren’t sufficient words to describe how much I love this song. Also it’s by Coasts so there’s that too.
- “I Won’t Give Up,” Jason Mraz: You know those songs that you just can’t help but sing along to when they come on? “I Won’t Give Up” is definitely one of those songs for me and it’s so beautiful, pure and heartfelt.
- “Willow Tree,” Tom Speight: Whilst we’re talking of pure and heartfelt, who does that better than Tom Speight? This gorgeous duet has it all; lyrics that will melt your heart, beautiful harmonies and lots and lots of love.
- “Thinking Out Loud,” Ed Sheeran: If you weren’t convinced that this was the perfect choice for your Valentine’s Day playlist before, then you need to get yourself over to YouTube and watch the video. “Thinking Out Loud” is sensual and totally gorgeous.
- “Sugar,” Maroon 5: I’m putting on my dancing shoes with this last song. Everyone needs a little sweetness on v-day and this toe-tapping tune is exactly what the doctor ordered.